Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friends

It's not fun to think about getting older (unless you think of the alternative!) but when you celebrate with friends, then it is fun! There are four of us who get together and do things together, scrapbooking (yes Sara puts up with it!!), eat, movies, play games, whatever. It is just fun to hang out together. Well, a couple of us have birthdays this week, so the four of us had decided to go out and eat and go to a movie Friday. All was great until a snowstorm came. I work in Imperial and the snow was worse there, so I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to do this. I really needed a fun girl's night out. Plus one of the four's husband works for the Roads Dept, so I was afraid he might have to go to work and couldn't stay home with the kids. But the closer I got to Wauneta the better the roads were. Whew!! Was I releived. Everyone had decided to stay in town instead of traveling, which was just fine.

We went and ate yummy Mexican food and then opened gifts and just visited and laughed. Then went to the movie together, got our drinks and food, (yes eating is a rule when we are together) strategically planning where we were going to sit. Then laughed, gasped, and were shocked during the movie.

We all had fun, not doing much of anything really, just enjoying each other. And isn't that what friends are all about?!?!

4 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

haha-laughed, gasped & were in shock-LOL-very true :)
It was fun!

The Maris' said...

Sounds like a great time. The snow was crazy in Imperial Friday!! I wondered how I was going to get home, but then the roads were really good.
Happy be-lated birthday.

Bley's Blog said...

I agree with Renee, so true! And, it was fun....glad we were able to do it.

Unknown said...

I forgot your birthday was the 28th. Happy belated b-day. I know mine was crazy on the 20th, sounds like yours was better.