Friday, April 20, 2012
Daniel Fasting
Monday I started something which later in the day I thought I was crazy for... the Daniel Fast. It s a fast based on how Daniel in the Book of Daniel ate to show the king how better God's ways are. We have had some missionaries at church whose e-mail list I got on and they had talked about the Daniel Fast in several e-mails. I had heard of it from others too and have had fasting on my heart and mind for quite a while. I got the book, read it, prayed, and decided to go for it. Well, while the mind and spirit were wiling, I'm not too sure about the body! By the end of Monday I figured I was crazy to be doing this! I was so hungry and having to not eat what I was used to eating and having to shop and cook totally different than I was used to. Plus having to cook my food and Matt's food. I thought I couldn't do this! But then I thought of what Jesus did for me... I kept seeing clips from The Passion movie in my head...kept thinking of how He was tortured, beaten, mocked and killed... and me changing my eating habits for 3 weeks seemed like such a small thing. I started thinking that this was the LEAST I could do. I knew that satan didn't want me fasting because it brings you closer to God and you change for the better. I don't want to give satan what he wants, I want what God wants. So I determined to do this. Has it been easy? No! But have I seen God working in my life? YES! And that is what matters! And so I will continue for 21 days to become more like God and less like the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment